Events & Webinars
Webinar on Using Checklists for Risk Management at Farmers Markets
Developing checklists for your farmers market is a great risk management strategy. Checklists are one way that markets can actively address legal risks while also providing your market with a record that you have done your due diligence, should an issue ever arise. Many markets may benefit from developing three types of checklists: 1) Market Day Checklist, 2) Annual Legal Check-up, and 3) Annual Vendor Communications.
For more information on managing legal risks at your market, check out the risk management section of the Farmers Market Legal Toolkit.Watch webinar
Webinar on the Farmers Market Legal ToolkitLegal resources, best practice recommendations, and stories from other farmers markets.
Thank you to all who joined us on Thursday, February 1st from 12-12:30pm ET for a webinar overview of the Toolkit!
This webinar explains how to find resources to address some common questions, such as:
- What’s the best business structure for my market?
- What are the requirements of being a 501(c)(3) nonprofit?
- What are the legal implications of becoming a SNAP retailer?
- What are my market’s legal responsibilities for outstanding SNAP tokens?
- Someone was injured at my market. What am I liable for?